A Chronicle of our Family's Adventure in Real Estate.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

On the Market!




     So I know I've been talking about this for months, but we finally got this stupid house on the market.  It took a lot of pain, sweat, tears, and cleaning.....oh so much cleaning, but it is officially listed on the Elmira Corning MLS  Click on the link, take a look, and tell your friends and family about this awesome house.



 This is what the dining room looked like while I was taking pictures of the kitchen.  It was my technique for picture taking. One room looked fabulous while the rest of the house....didn't look as fabulous.
     Meanwhile back at the farmhouse..... work is still continuing with electrical, plumbing, and heating.  Word on the street is that we will be moving into insulation and drywall territory in about 3 weeks.  That will be exciting!

We have already have our new garage filled.  nothing like getting a move on the move.  (I plan on refinishing  I hope my mom refinishes the upside down blue sofa and gold chair.)

Our heating system that we just found out is installed wrong.
 The pic below shows a picture of the radiant floor heat.  Nothing says home like warm feet in the winter.  One of the downfalls of radiant heat is that it takes longer to heat up.  We are looking into a secondary heating system to make up for this shortfall.


Master bath tub.  
   I know these pics are not too excited, but it is where we are at.  I am actually starting to think of colors, fabrics, and finishes.  That my friend is where the fun begins.  Here are a couple of sites that I am getting my inspiration from. Pinterest  and Houzz.com.  Both of these sights allow you to search pictures and add them to a "virtual pin board" or "idea book"  I haven't completely figured out either of these sites, but I'm sure my 10 year old can help me figure it out.  Let me know if you have any good sites you would recommend.  I definitely should be spending my extra time looking at more websites of beautiful things that I can't afford and don't have time to make.  Do you think web surfing counts as a hobby?  If it does, I've found myself a new hobby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment