A Chronicle of our Family's Adventure in Real Estate.

Monday, February 13, 2012

  Be warned. This is not a pretty post of fantastic updates being done to the house.  Oh no, this is the ugly side of moving.  This is where I show you that I've given up any pretense of hygiene or housekeeping.  We found out last Thursday that we'd be closing on our current house on Feb. 21st.  We are ecstatic to be closing on our house, but in all of our planning we never once considered the closing date would happen BEFORE the date on the contract.  The wording in the Real Estate sales contract is "On or About" such and such date.  This usually means 1-2 weeks after the such and such date.  In all of our house sales we have NEVER closed before the contract date.  Needless to say I am not really prepared to move.  The new house is also not ready to house us.  Oh well...that's never been an issue in the past :).
            So here's the deal,  In order to motivate myself to get the job done, I am posting for my friends and family, and anyone on the World Wide Web who is unfortunate enough to find this blog, the sad condition of my house at this moment in time in order to motivate myself to get something done.  I take pride in my ability to pack up a house, but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't think I had met my match.  Well enough talk,  here is the proof of the sad state of affairs @ the Murch Household.  









My hall is not really florescent yellow.





   I don't really think there is any explanation needed.  It is what it is.  I am off to pack and think of a meaningful way to celebrate my youngest daughter's 6th birthday amongst all of this mess.  This should turn out to be a fun week.  Looking forward to having some good stories to tell.  Oh, and if you get a chance, pray for us.  We could use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment