A Chronicle of our Family's Adventure in Real Estate.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Got it Sold!

   We moved all of our earthly belongings from our old house to our new one last weekend.  It was bitter sweet.  We were sad to leave a place where our little kids have become big kids, but we are so excited about making new memories in our new home.  The new house is not quite move in ready, but since that has never been an issue with us in our previous houses we didn't figure we would let it stop us this time.  The move went relatively well considering I had only packed about 6 boxes before Wednesday.  Thankfully some super friends and my mom showed up to save to the day.  Thank You!  One of my super helpful friends gave birth and raised some super helpful, strong, and energetic teenage boys who were also a fantastic help. We couldn't have done it without them.  Well, we probably could have, but we may have  still be moving boxes a week later. 
The Empty House



     We are busy trying to find important things like clean underwear, favorite toys and library books that got packed in random boxes, but all in all I think we'll make it through.   We already celebrated a birthday in the new house, so we're on our way to making memories.  Who doesn't love a birthday pic with moving boxes in the background?  If you get a chance stop by for a visit.  I might make you unpack a box or clean a window, but I have found my coffee pot, so I can make it worth your time!

The counter top getting put into place.

This is right before the 850 lb counter landed on Dan's finger.  He wanted to cry, but he manned up!

I love it, especially because it's a dirt hiding color.

It can only get better.
 Happy weekend friends!

1 comment: