A Chronicle of our Family's Adventure in Real Estate.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Random

  It has been a crazier week than usual.  This may be due to having three major projects going on at once and trying to raise kids and feed them something other than Subway (not that they mind).  
     Here's a little piece of Trivia...Corning Concrete has 3 concrete trucks.  We had all 3 of them at one of our properties in less than 24 hours.  This NOT something I am proud of.  I can think of a lot of things I would like to spend money on and concrete is not one of them.
I like to call this one "Dueling Trucks".





Truck # 3 at the new house.


The first two trucks brought in all the concrete for this lovely floor.

Not that you can tell, but they graded this slope. There used to be a retaining wall here.


   In other house related news.  I went shopping for bathroom fixtures, not too exciting, but necessary.
Bathtub for the girls bathroom.  We are not getting the sliding doors, who knew those things were so expensive?

Shower Heads (in case you were wondering).

   Here's is a pic of the doors we are looking to put in the house.
   I like them, but Dan isn't sure.  He never is...lucky for me he is so busy with other stuff he just going to tell me to pick out what I want, so I think I'm going to pick out these.
   This week it's on to lighting fixtures, hardwood floors, and thinking about putting those cabinets for the kitchen together.  That's actually been on the to do this every week, I've finally come to terms that just because you put it on the to do list doesn't mean it gets done.  Does anybody else have that problem or is it just me?

2 comments:

  1. I love the doors. They will match the "barn" look with their country feel. If you are looking for a second opinion or someone to bounce ideas off of when Dan is busy with other stuff, let me know. I honestly think I'd love the process of picking all the things for a new house out...even if it wasn't my own! Not to mention, I just got done reading through all the DIY Home Decor magazines I've saved over the years, and I have all this built-up inspiration with no ability to use it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the door choice as well! I can't wait to see the finished product! Your projects always turn out amazing!

    ReplyDelete