A Chronicle of our Family's Adventure in Real Estate.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Architect Behind the Design

      I am notoriously cheap.  I'm actually embarrassed about how vocal I am about my frugality.  It just comes out.  I try to stop it, but I can't.  If someone compliments me on an article of clothing.  I have to tell them that it came from the Salvation Army (most of clothes come from the Salvation Army).  See, I can't help it.  Anyway, being as cheap as I am I didn't think we could afford an architect.  I was almost too embarrassed to call one because I didn't want to be like "oh, I'm sorry we can't afford you", or "do you have any specials coming up?"  After searching the internet for house plans with no success, I decided to call up a local architect to see what they charged.  Again, not being one for a lot of research I searched Corning Architect on Google and Anne Hirsh popped up.  I clicked on her website and was excited to see that she had designed the library in my hometown.  I REALLY liked that library,.... why wouldn't I like a house she designed?
  After a conversation where I tried not to sound too cheap.  I decided she was the one.  I sent her my inspiration and after months of back of forth we have the plans!  I go to pick them up in about an hour.  Yipee!

Front View

Rear and Side View

1st and 2nd Floor 















   These aren't the actual blue prints, but are the most recent drawings she has given us.  Let's hope it looks as good on land as it does on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment