A Chronicle of our Family's Adventure in Real Estate.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Good the Bad and the Ugly (or the Sold, the Buy, the Sell, and the Build)

  How's that for a title?  Well we have A LOT of work to do around here, but I wanted to keep you in the loop!
Here's what's going on:

The Sold



  Here is my mom's B & B that we just sold.  The Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast in Dundee, NY.  She sold it to some great friends who also own this B & B.  If you are looking for a place to stay in the Finger Lakes, give them a call.

   
The Buy


  We are buying this house for my mom to live in while we build.  We will rent it out when she moves in with us.  I could go into a long explanation of why we are dong this.  Basically, it's a good investment and as far as I'm concerned every woman needs her own kitchen (my mom totally agrees with this.).
The Sell


  Yes, I know it's ugly, but we try to make ugly things lovely.  I figure some plants, window boxes, and a pair of rose colored glasses and it will be a winner.  We will be starting on some "staging" projects for this house.  I'll keep you posted as it progresses. 

  So this is a glimpse of what our weekend, weeknights, and early morning hours will be consumed filled with over the next few months.  It will be fun right?!  We all know you think we're crazy.  You don't have to talk about it behind our backs anymore.  We are fully aware of our insanity.  We just hope you still want to be friends with us.  Anybody else tackling some major home renovations this summer?

 

2 comments:

  1. Not a house renovation, but I've boughten an old rattan couch set off Facebook and have currently completely disassembled them with plans to paint and reupholster. My current livingroom furniture never looked so good. :-) Thanks for taking us all along on this journey. Can't wait for the homewarming party at your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we did enough with the kitchen renovation last summer. I'm giving my house a rest this year. :) but I LOVE reading about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete